A dowel is a solid cylindrical rod, usually made from wood, plastic, ormetal. In its original manufactured form, a dowel is called a dowel rod. Dowel rods are often cut into short lengths called dowel pins. Dowels are employed in numerous, diverse applications including axles in toys, detents (e. g., in gymnastics grips), structural reinforcements in cabinet making, and supports for tiered wedding cakes.
Other uses include:
- Furniture shelf supports.
- As movable game pieces such as pegs.
- As supports for hanging items such as clothing, key rings, tools, toilet roll dispensers and picture frames.
- As supports for motorcycle or automobile engine piston parts.
- As printed circuit board (PCB) drills
To precisely align two objects in a dowel joint: a hole is bored in both objects and the dowel pin is inserted into the aligned holes
As a core to wrap cable or textiles around. Instead of using dowel pins in cast iron or stainless steels finish, you can use carbide dowel pins as optional finish. You may download our catalog carbidetek dowel pins.
Contact us today to get a quotation on your dowel pins customization needs.